Raiders news: Derek Carr was strong when under pressure
Critics of Derek Carr often point to his lack of balance under pressure.
I’ve heard so many times that Carr hasn’t been the same player since he broke his leg against the Indianapolis Colts in December 2016. I always thought it was a lazy and unfair story for Carr.
These stats from the NFL’s @NextGenStats suggest otherwise. The Las Vegas Raiders quarterback was ranked ninth in the NFL while under pressure.
The guidelines were that a quarterback should throw at least 250 passes and have a higher than expected positive completion percentage. Carr averaged 8.7 yards per attempt under pressure, according to Next Gen Stats, which was the second-best score in the league.
The report also states that Carr showed a quick release as he had a 111.6 passer rating with 13 touchdowns and just two interceptions on quick passes.
These are sure signs that Carr has improved in key areas and entering his eighth season in the NFL and his fourth under coach Jon Gruden, he can continue to make progress and continue to pour. water on false stories.
In the links of other Raiders:
- OTA Chat: Athletic has grades Raiders OTA sessions this week.
- An underestimated enemy of division? Running back Melvin Gordon believes his Denver Broncos we don’t talk enough. Ok dude.
- A look at Thomas’ comeback: The Las Vegas Review Journal looked how the Raiders’ new defensive tackle is ahead of schedule upon his return from a torn ACL.
- Confirmed pre-season schedule: We’ve known about the Raiders preseason schedule for some time, but here is all NFL preseason schedule.
- Meet the Pets: Raiders safety Johnathan Abram showed an off-camera side of him and showcased his giant puppy Amo in a episode of Meet the pets.