Silver Medals Avinash Sable, Priyanka; Wrestler Ravi Dahiya and Naveen qualify for the final
at least one bronze medal each, hoping to reach the final and challenge for gold.
GTC 2022 – FULL COVERAGE | IN DEPTH | INDIA FOCUS | OFF PITCH | IN PHOTOS | MEDAL COUNT
And then, two Indian teams will also face each other in the clash of the semi-finals of their respective events. The men’s team will face South Africa in the final four hockey leg match while the women’s team will face England in the cricket semi-final. A victory for each will ensure them a medal and a chance to win gold later.
Then there is plenty of action in table tennis, badminton and athletics.
Here is the full schedule of Indian events at CWG 2022 on August 6 (all times in IST)
ATHLETICS AND PARA-ATHLETICS
- F55-57 Women’s Shot Put Final: Poonam Sharma, Sharmila, Santosh – 2:50 p.m.
- Women’s 10,000m walk final: Priyanka, Bhawana Jat – 3 p.m.
- Men’s 3,000m steeplechase final: Avinash Sable – 4:20 p.m.
- Women’s Tea 4x100m Relay Round 1, Heat 1: Hima Das, Dutee Chand, Shrbani Nanda, NS Simi – 4:45 p.m.
- Women’s Hammer Throw Final: Manju Bala – 11:30 p.m.
- Men’s 5,000m final: Avinash Sable – 12:40 a.m.
- Four men, final: India vs Northern Ireland – 4:30 p.m.
- Men’s doubles, quarter-final: V Senthilkumar/Abhay Singh against Yow Eain Ng/Wern Chee Yuen – 5:15 p.m.
- Mixed doubles, semi-final: Dipika Pallikal/Saurav Ghosal vs Joelle King/Paul Coll – 6 p.m.
- Women’s singles quarter-finals: PV Sindhu vs. Jin Wei Goh – 4:20 p.m.
- Women’s Singles Quarterfinals: Akarshi Kashyap vs. Kirsty Gilmour – 6 p.m.
- Men’s singles quarter-finals: Kidambi Srikanth vs. Toby Penty – 10 p.m.
- Men’s singles quarter-finals: Lakshya Sen vs Paul Georges – 10 p.m.
- Women’s doubles quarter-finals: Treesa Jolly and Gayatri Gopichand Tahlia Richardson/Katherine Wynter – 10:50 p.m.
- Men’s doubles quarter-finals: Chirag Shetty/Satwiksairaj Rankireddy vs Schueler/Nathan – 11:40 p.m.
- Women’s minimum weight semi-final (45-48kg): Nitu Ghangas vs Priyanka Dhillon – 3 p.m.
- Men’s flyweight semi-final (48kg-51kg): Amit Panghal vs Patrick Chinyemba – 3:30 p.m.
- Women’s Light Flyweight (48kg-50kg) Semi-Final: Nikhat Zareen vs Savannah Stubley – 7:15 p.m.
- Women’s Lightweight Semi-Final (57kg-60kg): Jaismine vs. Gemma Richardson – 8:00 p.m.
- Men’s featherweight, semi-final: Mohammad Hussamuddin vs Joseph Commey – 11:30 p.m.
- Men’s Welterweight Semi-Final (63.5kg-67kg): Rohit Tokas vs. Stephen Zimba – 12:45 p.m.
- Super heavyweight (over 92 kg) semi-final: Sagar vs. Ifeanyi Onyekwere – 1:30 a.m.
- Women’s T20 semi-final: India vs England – 3:30 p.m.
- Men’s team semi-final: India vs South Africa – 10:30 p.m.
TABLE TENNIS AND PARA TABLE TENNIS
- Round of 16 women’s doubles: Akula Sreeja/Reeth Tennison vs. Anna Chloe Thomas Wu Zang/Lara Whitton – 2 p.m.
- Round of 16 women’s doubles: Manika Batra/Diya Parag Chitale vs Oumehani Hosenally/Nandashwaree Jalim – 2 p.m.
- Men’s singles quarter-final: Sharath Kamal vs. Quek Izaac Yong – 2:40 p.m.
- Men’s Singles Quarter-Final: G Sathiyan vs. Sam Walker – 3:25 p.m. IST
- Men’s Singles Quarter-Final: Sanil Shetty vs. Liam Pitchford – 3:25 p.m. IST
- Women’s Singles Semi-Final: Sreeja Akula vs. Tianwei Feng – 4:10 PM IST
- Men’s doubles semi-final: Sharath Kamal/G Sathiyan vs Nicholas Lum/Finn Luu – 4:55 p.m. IST
- Mixed doubles semi-finals: Achanta Sharath Kamal/ Akula Sreeja vs Nicholas Lum/Minhyung Jee – 6 p.m.
- Quarter-final women’s doubles* – 8:30 p.m. IST
- Men’s Singles Classes 3-5: Bronze Medal Match: Raj Aravindan Alagar vs. Isau Ogunkunle – 6:15 p.m.
- Women’s Singles Classes 3-5 Bronze Medal Match: Sonalben Patel vs. Sue Bailey – 12:15 a.m.
- Women’s Singles Classes 3-5 Gold Medal Match: Bahvina Patel vs. Christina Ikpeoyi – 1:00 a.m.
WRESTLING (start at 3 p.m.)
- Men’s 57kg Freestyle Quarter-Finals: Ravi Kumar vs. Suraj Singh
- Men’s 97kg Freestyle Quarter-Finals: Deepak Nehra vs. Randhawa
- Women’s 76kg Freestyle Quarter-Finals: Pooja Sihag vs. Montague
- Women’s 53kg Freestyle – Nordic System Match 1: Vinesh Phogat vs. Mercy
- Women’s Freestyle 50 kg – Nordic System Match 1: Pooja Gehlot vs. Lemofack
- 1/8 finals 74 kg freestyle men: Naveen against Ogbonna John
- Women’s 53kg Freestyle – Nordic System Match 2: Vinesh Phogat vs. Samantha
- Women’s 50kg freestyle – Nordic system match 2: Pooja Gehlot vs. Ndolo
- Women’s 53kg Freestyle – Nordic System Match 3: Vinesh Phogat vs. Keshani
* SUBJECT TO QUALIFICATION
Read it Recent news and recent news here